Visit our Facebook page.
We are associated with Heraeus Kulzer (formerly Jelenko), the largest and most reputable refiner of precious metals in North America.
Please check with Kitco for current prices on precious metals.
- or -
Download Kitco's precious metals prices software.
The Traders Group has been in the business of refining scrap precious metals for over thirty years dealing with, dental labs, and jewellers, as well as the general public. We buy, refine, or smelt all forms of dental gold, platinum, palladium, silver, jewelry and coins.
We are located in Toronto, Canada, but Bob, the owner of The Traders Group, visits Montreal, and Boston very often. We can come to see you for a discussion of your refining needs and to advise you of our various methods of settlement and turn-around times. We have very short turn-around times and very interesting methods of settlement.
You can also ship to us by Fedex without charge, but please call us first so that we can assign a refine number to your shipment.
6A-170 The Donway West
4540 Prom. Paton
For suite number and entry code, please call us, as we are located in a secure building.
8 Ways To Maximize Profits
Got scrap? Given the high prices of gold and today's economic environment, it's more important than ever to be savvy about scrap collection and refining.
Bob Ortiz offers these tips for maximizing your returns.
Make the Most of Your Scrap:
- Tip 1 Set up regular collection procedures in your lab and designate these tasks to one person.
- Tip 2 Send your scrap in on a regular schedule rather than holding it for long periods of time. This provides "dollar cost averaging" benefits.
- Tip 3 Make sure you collect from every possible place including floors, rugs, and air filters.
- Tip 4 Make sure your refiner is paying for gold, platinum, & palladium.
- Tip 5 Inspect & change your suction vacuum bags often.
- Tip 6 Wipe down counters and bench tops with a Kleenex and send them in with your scrap shipment.
- Tip 7 Make sure your cleaners are not throwing out any good stuff.
- Tip 8 Change your rugs every 10 years or so and send them in to us.
- Gold is so heavy that one cubic foot weighs a half a tonne.
- Gold is extremely ductile. One ounce of pure gold can be stretched into a wire 5 microns thick (0.000005 metres) and can be stretched a distance of 50 miles. Six ounces of pure gold would form a wire stretching between Montreal and Toronto.
- All the gold ever refined would make a cube measuring about 66 ft. on each side. This cube would fit under the first arch of the Eiffel Tower.
- There's enough gold in the Earth's crust to cover the entire land surface knee deep.
- One cubic mile of sea water contains 25 tonnes of gold suspended in it. There are about 10 billion tonnes suspended in all the oceans on Earth. If all this gold was mined, each person on Earth could have about 9 lbs. of gold.